Oh this salad is incredible–honestly it is probably my favorite salad! I got the recipe from my Mom last Spring and have made it a lot ever since! The flavors of the sweet strawberries, zesty lemon, creamy tangy feta and smokey pine nuts–it perfection!! This is super easy to throw together, and it really compliments simple dinners of grilled chicken, fish steak or even pot roast. I almost always have spinach and strawberries in my fridge this time of year, and I keep pine nuts and feta in my freezer. The dressing is very refreshing and zangy with the lemon. I just love this salad–and every time I serve it I get requests for the recipe. Give it a try –you won’t be disappointed!!
PS If you are not a feta cheese fan–try substituting diced avocado.
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh strawberries ,sliced
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- crumbled Feta Cheese --to taste
- 3T fresh lemon juice
- 3T sugar
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup canola or light olive oil
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, strawberries, nuts and feta. Toss with enough dressing to coat.
- In blender combine lemon juice, sugar, mustard, grated lemon rind and oil. Pulse until mixture is combined, thickened and sugar is dissolved.