This cake is amazing, wonderful, incredible…really it is a chocolate lovers dream! Save this recipe to make for your love on Valentines day–because if you make it now, it will ruin your New Years Resolutions! It is that good! I got this recipe from my sweet friend Karen. I happened to stop by one afternoon at just the right time…. the most wonderful smell was coming from her kitchen. She had just pulled this delight out of the oven and was pouring the frosting on! Being the generous and gracious woman she always is, she insisted I take a plate of slices home to share with my family! Our lucky day! It has been a family favorite ever since–Thank you Karen!
Classic Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 1 devils food cake mix (Dry--don't make it according to directions on the box)
- 1 -4 serving instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8 Tbsp butter (not margarine)
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup evaporated milk (I used 2%-it worked great)
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips, in a large mixing bowl. Blend with electric mixer 1 minute.
- Stir down sides. Continue to mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes at 350. Cool 20 minutes. Invert onto serving platter.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Whisk in cocoa and milk. Bring mixture just to boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Beat in powdered sugar with electric mixer until thickened and smooth. Pour warm frosting over warm cake. This recipe makes a lot of frosting.