Yum yum mushrooms

by Brittany on June 17, 2009

I have to laugh that I am posting twice in a row! Usually it is Melanie and Erin that can’t wait to post the latest tasty creation of theirs! But both girls have been otherwise occupied this past week (and you know it has to be pretty drastic stuff to keep them away from their kitchens so long!) so here I am with another recipe for you all to try. And it’s a keeper FOR SURE. My mother-in-law makes these mushrooms often to go with Sunday dinner – whether we have steaks, roast, whatever, they always fit in great. Even if you’re not a mushroom fan, you should try them. My hubby meticulously picks mushrooms out of food with disgust (reminds me strongly of a toddler!) and yet he likes this recipe! And for all you mushroom lovers… you are really going to love these!!

Spicy Sauteed Mushrooms

submitted by Brittany

1+ lb large white mushrooms, quartered (be sure to use very fresh mushrooms)
2/3 c butter (~3/4 cube)
3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tb Worcestershire sauce

Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to coat mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms turn brown and start to caramelize, stirring occasionally. Takes approximately 10-15 minutes. Drain excess butter and serve immediately.

*Sorry the instructions are rather vague. I had to pick Cheryl’s brain and watch her make them about a dozen times before I finally remembered to type it up! Of course she just eyeballs the amounts for ingredients so those were my best guesses. The picture shows what they should look like when they are done. There is nothing healthy about these mushrooms but they are easy and delicious!

1 Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer June 17, 2009 at 10:07 pm

I am a big fan of sauteed mushrooms especially over a big steak!! These really look great.

2 Carrie June 17, 2009 at 10:23 pm

Holy Cow! Those mushrooms look SO good! I loooove mushrooms, I can't wait to make this!

3 Jo June 17, 2009 at 10:33 pm

mmmmm I love mushrooms and cook it them sauteed any day… these look ace!!

4 Erin June 18, 2009 at 6:45 am

WOW. Those look delicious. I can't wait to try them! YUM!
btw, it was fun to read your commentary. :)

5 Melanie Anne June 18, 2009 at 7:13 am

Oh my these look awesome! I LOVE sauted mushrooms and can't wait to try these! Thanks for posting Britt–as soon as the wasatch back is done –I am back on with posts, I promise!

6 Mushrooms Canada June 18, 2009 at 8:21 am

There is nothing like mushrooms sautéed in boat-loads of butter! I love when mine get nice crispy and brown like you show in the photo. My "Other Half" doesn't like mushrooms either and will pick them out of everything, it's a shame because they are absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing!
- Brittany

7 Melody June 18, 2009 at 10:40 am

These look amazing! I have some mushroom lovers in my family, so this will be a real winner! YUM!

8 Melanie June 18, 2009 at 11:11 am

Those look amazing. I love adding sauteed mushrooms to our meals – I can't wait to try these!

9 the ungourmet June 18, 2009 at 11:47 am

Yum! My husband I are both crazy for Sauteed Mushrooms! These are just beautiful!

10 Amy June 18, 2009 at 3:55 pm

Perfect timing Britt! I had sauteed mushrooms the other day at a restaurant and they were so good. I have been craving them since. These look delicious!

11 Mindy June 18, 2009 at 11:34 pm

Ever since you told me about how Cheryl uses Worcestershire sauce in her sauteed mushrooms, I have tried it and loved it with just butter. I didn't think to add garlic, too, but I can't wait to try it! Griff and I both LOVE mushrooms. I'm so excited you posted this.

12 Kristy June 21, 2009 at 5:21 pm

These were delicious! They were the perfect addition to the steak dinner I made for Father's Day. Thanks for the recipe! We'll be making them over and over again.

13 ChickenStamps June 23, 2009 at 12:52 pm

These mushrooms were so delicious. I served them last night over hot, buttered noodles with grilled chicken breast strips…very yummy! Thanks for all the great recipes. I don't remember how I found your blog but I'm so happy that I did.

14 suzanne June 24, 2009 at 1:02 pm

I just made these last night and they were to die for. I just wanted to lick my plate clean. Thanks, for the great recipe.

15 The Food Hunter June 26, 2009 at 2:11 pm

I love mushrooms. these look amazing.

16 bakerchick103 June 30, 2009 at 7:04 pm

I love mushrooms, too! I can just picture these with a big, juicy steak! Yummy!