Dijon Pork Chops

by Erin on August 13, 2009

My husband and I liked this pork chop recipe when I tried it out recently. We like saucy moist dishes, and these pork chops had a yummy gravy served with them. I’ll definitely be making it again. Thanks to Emily E. who submitted this to a cookbook our community made a few years ago. :)

Dijon Pork Chops
submitted by Erin
4 1/2 inch thick butterfly pork chops
6-7 T. flour
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1/4 c. butter
2 T. finely chopped green onion
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 c. cold water
2/3 c. dry white wine (I used chicken broth, or water with bouillon)
fresh chives to garnish
Pound pork chops with a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. (I skipped this step, fyi.) Combine 5 T. flour with pepper, seasoning salt, and poultry seasoning in shallow dish. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge chops in flour mixture and then brown in melted butter on both sides. Remove chops from skillet and set aside. Add green onion to skillet and cook until tender, about 1 minute. (I didn’t have any green onion on hand, so I omitted this, but I’m sure it would have been even better with it.) Stir together wine (or broth) and mustard. Add to skillet and stir to combine with meat juices. Return chops to skillet. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer about 8-10 minutes or until tender. (I wrote in my recipe, “Check at 5 minutes” because it cooked faster than I had anticipated.) Remove chops to warm platter. Combine water and 1 T. flour in a small bowl and mix well. Add to skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until thickened, about 1 minute. Pour sauce over chops and garnish with chives before serving.

1 susana August 14, 2009 at 4:12 am

Thanks for such a wonderful recipe…
___________________
Susana
Online Marketing of your brand

2 Katrina August 14, 2009 at 8:40 am

Ladies, I haven't been able to get by here in a couple weeks, but just wanted to let you know all your food and photos look delicious!
I really want to try the berry muffins, and ginger snaps and biscuits and….. ;)

3 Marisa August 16, 2009 at 1:24 am

That sounds great! I seem to have gotten in a rut when making pork chops and using the same two recipes–so I can't wait to try this one out! Thanks!!!

4 Libby August 16, 2009 at 8:31 am

Yummm! That looks great! I haven't seen pork chops that thick before. I bet it was delicious :)

5 Leslie August 16, 2009 at 7:56 pm

erin..
thanks so much for your comment on my egg rolls! They were divine.
Your pork look wonderful..I love pork with a dijon sauce!

6 Brittany August 16, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Sounds delish Erin! Since Chicken is not on my good list right now I'll be trying out more pork recipes! :)

7 MaRiN August 17, 2009 at 8:35 am

I love a good smothered pork chop! I'll have to try this one.

8 Bunny August 17, 2009 at 8:39 am

I just bought a boneless pork roast I'm gonna cut into chops, I'm gonna try this!! It looks fantastic!

9 Maria August 17, 2009 at 4:49 pm

The hubs would love this meal!

10 Brittany August 17, 2009 at 10:37 pm

we had this for dinner tonight… it was SO good! I loved it! So did everyone else too! :) Gabe kept asking for more – wow! Thanks Er-bear!

11 Renee August 26, 2009 at 6:00 am

Thanks for such a wonderful recipe…. I'll have to try this one…

Reenee
You cannot go wrong on the best security systems

12 Shawna, Bryan, and Dylan Beall November 14, 2010 at 11:20 pm

I have made this twice now and had loved it each time! Just made 13 at once for a large family dinner party! I made double ingredients for 6 pork chops because I absolutely love the gravy and wanted more the first time around. I also used the flavored flour to thicken up the gravy in the last step and it just boosted the flavor. Thank you for the great recipe, I will be making this for the rest of my life!