These sweet little treats are fun to make and everybody loves them! I bet a lot of you already have this recipe – they were a hit last year in the recipe blogging world and got passed around quite a bit! I got the recipe off of the Picky Palate who got it from someone else… they must be good right?! The only thing I changed was using a little more cream cheese – with only one package of cream cheese the filling is a little too dry for me. Have fun and enjoy! (You all reminded me to add that Mint Oreos are indeed fantastic tasting in this recipe! I bet they would be super cute with crushed peppermint stick on top too! Nutter Butters are good too -with milk chocolate coating and white chocolate drizzle. I have to say that Oreos are by far the best though!!)
- 1 bag Oreo Cookies, ground up in blender or food processor
- 1½ 8oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or 1 package Almond Bark (white chocolate candy coating)
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips or 1 square of the Chocolate Bark for drizzling
- Combine ground Oreos and cream cheese in mixer using paddle attachment until well mixed. Roll into 1 inch balls (makes about 30) and place onto baking sheet or tray. Refrigerate overnight or until very firm.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave for 1-2 minutes on 70% power. Using 2 little spoons, dip balls into chocolate and place onto parchment paper to harden. Once dry, melt dark chocolate and spoon into the corner of a ziplock baggie. Snip a small corner and drizzle back and forth over the truffles. Let dry.