Sinful Bread

Alright, gather close… I have a few secrets to share. When I got married, my mom told me when it was my turn to make dinner to always make sure the table was set (even if dinner was just getting started), because it makes it feel like dinner is almost ready. I have put this to the test countless times, and the verdict… it works! My husband arrives on the scene starving, and when he sees that nicely set table, he assumes dinner is almost ready and contents himself with waiting. The second secret? Delicious bread has the power to make a dinner from a spaghetti sauce bottle or a can of soup seem like a gourmet meal. Ah, the wonderful ways to hoodwink a family! :) So here is the recipe for the best of the bread “sprucing up” ideas… and believe me, it IS sinfully good.

Sinful Bread

Submitted by Mindy

2 loaves French Bread
1 cup parmesan cheese (grated fresh)
I cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup minced onion
Combine ingredients. Split French bread horizontally, spread mixture and sprinkle with paprika (if desired… the above picture is minus the paprika). Broil to crisp up. Enough for 2 loaves of French bread.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Traveling Nut says

We have made this delicious cheese bread for years. We use just plain old grated cheese but you must use Mayo – don't substitute salad dressing. Our family loves it and believe me 2 loaves of french bread dissappear so fast! YUMMY.

2. Valerie says

I've never tried mayonnaise broiled on bread before, but that picture looks great. I hope to try it soon to make a quick and easy meal better.

3. A Year on the Grill says

This looks really really good. Seemed like a lot of mayo, til I noticed it makes two…

OK,, got it on my list!

4. Our Porch in Hillsborough says

You're so right about setting the table – I discovered this 'trick' a few years ago and it really does work. As for your bread, I'm trying it tonight!

5. Christa says

Ok, we are having Italian Tortellini soup tonight and your recipe came just in time. It will be on our table tonight! Yum, yum!

Christa

6. Bridget says

We've made bread similar to this in my family for years! Except we use equal parts mayo and butter, and use a clove of minced garlic (no onion). We call it "Death Bread" :) My brother named it that after watching my mother make it and seeing all the mayo and butter! YUMMMMM

7. Felicia says

I have never been a fan of mayo, but this recipe has convinced me to always have some on hand. I have made this several time already and love it! We use mozzarella cheese instead of parmesan and add a little garlic powder for my husband. We love it! Thanks!

8. Anonymous says

HELP!

This bread looks delicious!

Can it be made with rolls and not French bread?

I would split the rolld in half and spread the mayo/cheese mixture on each half.

Please let me know if this can be done successfully or if anyone else has tried it!

Thanks again for a delicious recipe

9. Mindy says

Hi anonymous,

Using french bread is convenient, so I have never tried it with rolls. But I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work. Let me know how it goes!

Mindy

10. Kristina says

Good advice, Mom! I also make sure I have what my family thinks is “ultra fancy” but it totally isn’t. I open a can of black olives, jarred gherkin pickles, etc., and keep them in little containers in the fridge. I often set out one tiny dish of say, 5 olives, 5 gherkins, and a celery stick or two, in a bowl. That’s all it takes to think it’s an antipasto tray. They keep awfully quiet!

If you ddo not have enough educaqtion or experience, get a
    feel for it by working forr a flower related business before sstarting onne on your
    own. These are the reggions that have a higher number of travelers which wwill need more airlines to satisfy.
    Fly Rods: Fly fishing rods are generally used for catching
    fresh water fishes like halibut, salmon and trout. For those of you who haven’t beern keeping
    tabs on Nintendo’s next handjeld giant, the 3DS is a portable system that introduces 3D
    gaming without the use of peripherals like 3D glasses.
    There are some sites that offer subscriptions and do not require you to pay for each downloaded gamne
    butt to pay a monthly membership fee. The Governor comes back to Woodbury in the morning and Martinez askss if he found Andrea but the Governor
    just shakes his head. Thhe only reservation some may have to this gamne is
    that even att the bargain pricing, this game
    is nearly eight years old. Daenerys is looking for an army and
    what she finds iss the Unsullied, a group of warriors who do
    not fear death and they look to be the perfect group to help her take back King’s Landing.
    Waiting a few hours on launch day to enter in the bonus DLC codes
    is thee best way around this issue.Attaching a single flower
    to the side of the chair with a decorative rubbon is a very understated way
    to style an informal wedding. Ariana Grande Shows Off Tiny Waist in Black
    Cut-out Dress on Cover of Cosmopolitan’s Februjary 2014 Issue.
    ” Ultimately, participants of the workshop will learn techniques that allow children to carry yoga into their playful, everydays lives. Even more recently, the foreign policy of former President George W. Colin Hanton is the third surviving member who plays drums for the trio, currently on tour in the United States. Some months ago, a bikini-clad Gomez was also photographed straddling her love of one year while vacationing in Maui, Hawaii. ‘Gulmira,’ for example, was very much like ‘Kull’ with the guitar and drums superseding the orchestration. With tweets being posted by hackers and photos being posted by her sister, the question needs to be asked. Cut a wide length of fabric in a colour or pattern that suits your theme and drape it gently from the chair back or tie it in a snug band in a ruffled or pleated effect. The skirt is an opening flower with white satin gazar arches and pleats while the underskirt is made of silk tulle adorned with Cluny lace. So a letter telling you that your insurance company no longer will cover your home or car can be an unsettling experience. Grand Theft Auto V is quickly turning into a monster hit for Rockstar Games and publisher Take-Two Interactive. They will log in their destination, their current location and also the carrier that they have identified. The actress held her bachelorette party on July 23 at Tao Las Vegas while her fianc took part in his bachelor party nearby at the VIP corner of Lavo Las Vegas. The 26-year-old actress later tweeted ‘Dinner #ifeelguilty” and “Wouldn’tyouliketoknow :)’. Gap Insurance: If you are driving a newer or unpaid for car, think about adding this coverage to your policy.