My hubby loves this little hole-in-the-wall restaurant and always gets the same thing: Chicken Teriyaki Fried Rice. He seriously loves it. So I decided it would be a good idea to make our own at home! I use the Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki available at Costco – it is super yummy. This whole dinner is so easy and quick (as long as you cook the rice beforehand)… and a big pleaser here at our house! You can use your favorite veggies or whatever you have on hand that sounds good. Sometimes I add a couple eggs scrambled too. Here is the basic recipe that we like.. it is super tasty!
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice (4-5 cups cooked)
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast, finely sliced (about 1 lb)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1-2 cups sugar snap peas, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- Cook rice as directed on package. (Of course you can use white rice but the brown tastes delicious and is so much healthier that is what I usually use.) Over med-high heat, stir fry the chicken in 1 Tb olive oil until fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Add the other 1 Tb olive oil and saute green onions and carrots over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in peas, rice and chicken. Pour in the teriyaki sauce and stir to distribute evenly. Cook another few minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.