This is my favorite marinara sauce. It is incredibly flavorful and delicious and amazingly comes together in only 5 minutes!! It is perfect over pasta and sauteed veggies or leftover grilled chicken for a quick dinner. It is also perfect for dunking calzones, or pizza rolls or stromboli in. We love this easy and delicious sauce. Hope you do too!
Need some FOOD for THOUGHT? I got so many sweet emails (thank you!) requesting the notes from the class I taught about the importance of family dinner and how to make them as stress-free as possible–that I promised to share. Well, I finally got it posted. If you are interested go here.
5 Minute Marinara Sauce
Author: Melanie ~ www.thesisterscafe.com
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (I use less)
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (crush in palm before throwing them in to release flavor)
- 1TB tomato paste (I sometimes leave this out, and it still works great)
- 1 32-ounce can chunky-style crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian dried seasoning
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped (I normally don't have this)
- Add the olive oil to a medium sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and crushed pepper. When the pepper snaps and the garlic sizzles, add the tomato paste, cook for a minute, then stir in the crushed tomatoes.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Cook for five minutes and stir in parsley.
Recipe Source: Rachel Ray–I wrote it down years ago from a 30 minute meals episode and have LOVED it ever since!