How was your Christmas yesterday? I hope it was Happy! Ours was:) We are in Utah staying with my parents. Their home is literally bursting with family! It is a very merry place right now! All the children are in heaven, getting to play all day with little cousins and sleep in sleeping bags each night! How exciting! It has been so fun to be all together again, chatting, eating our Mom’s home cooking, playing games, holding each others babies, etc! I am looking forward to more of the same this next week! What are your plans for this lovely week between Christmas and New Years? Well, if you are looking for a yummy holiday-ish recipe for your family, I would highly recommend this one!
I made these waffles on a cold and blustery night a couple of weeks ago and they were perfect! So tasty for a cozy night at home and I loved the way they made my home smell! What a delicious dinner they made. If you are fans of gingerbread, you will LOVE thsee waffles. Such a fun recipe for this time of year!
- 2 cup flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ⅔ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- ¼ tsp cream of tarter
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- ½ cup molasses
- 6 Tb melted butter
- Combine the first six ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Next combine the brown sugar and egg yolks until fluffy. then add the buttermilk, molasses and butter.
- Combine the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients. Be sure to stop mixing as soon as the batter is barely combined--Don't over mix!
- In a medium bowl whip the egg whites with the cream of tarter until they are light and fluffy.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Cook your waffles in a hot waffle iron according to package directions. Enjoy!!