Hot Ham & Swiss Poppyseed Sliders

oh my goodness–these sliders were FANTASTIC! I originally saw them on pinterest and couldn’t wait to make them for my family. I had a feeling they would love them and boy, was I ever right!   They gobbled them up and my husband said the recipe was a keeper! That is big since I do a lot of recipe testing around here and trust me they are not always “a keeper”:)  I plan on putting these sliders on the menu next week.  I think it will be the perfect way to use up our leftover ham from Easter dinner.  These sliders are a step above a regular sandwich and would be perfect for a special luncheon or party.  Although they taste amazing they are oh-so-easy to create, making this recipe a GREAT one in my opinion!

Hot Ham & Swiss Poppyseed Sliders
submitted by Melanie~The Sisters Cafe

24 good white rolls
24 pieces good honey ham
24 small slices Swiss cheese
1/3 mayo
1/3 cup miracle whip
Poppy seed sauce
1 1/2 TBSP poppy seeds
1 1/2 TBSP yellow mustard
1 stick butter, melted
1 TBSP minced onion
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
In a small bowl, mix together mayo & miracle whip.  Although, I used all Best Foods Mayo and it was great!  Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll.  Place a slice of ham & a slice of swiss inside of each roll.  Close rolls & place into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet, very close together.
In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients and  pour evenly over all of the sandwiches.  Let sit 10 minutes, or until butter sets slightly.  Cover with foil & bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Uncover & cook for 2 additional minutes and serve warm.
** sandwiches can me assembled a day ahead & kept in the fridge ready to bake.  Perfect for a party!
**I had a hard time finding good soft rolls here in TN (I may have to make some of my Buttermilk rolls next time)–but if you live in Utah try Judy’s or Rhodes Rolls.
Recipe Source:  The Recipe Club

Comments

Thanks for posting this recipe. I had it a long time ago (before I had recipes filed on my computer) and haven’t been able to find it! I have also used the Hawwaian Sweet Rolls for this and they are delicious. Your roll recipe would be fabulous too! Thanks again!!

2. Brittany says

I’m dying to make these. Please tell me where I can buy King Hawaiin Sweet Rolls or Judy’s rolls.

My mom always made these when I was young and they are a favorite. I have had a few high school friends remind me of these recently. I also like them on the Pepperidge Farm onion rolls. I have never had them the on t KH rolls, but I bet that is great, too.

4. Kim W says

I saw these on Pinterest too and my family LOVES them. Since we don’t have a good ham every week I just use Black Forest deli type ham from SAMs Club. I also use dinner rolls from Maceys (in Utah), but I think I’ll try Kings rolls next time. I usually make 2 or 3 pans of them because my kids like to take them in their lunch.

5. Corinna says

Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I’ve seen them on Pinterest too, but my husband and kids are so over my kitchen experiments, they’re ready to commit mutiny. Knowing your family loves them so much, I will make them with our leftover Easter ham. Hopefully these will help my family forget about my chicken surprise experiment. That was a big ol’ FAIL. Love your website and the sisters! What a wonderful thing you all have.

6. Cher says

These are a great freezer meal. I use Costco’s sesame seed hamburger buns, and let the mustard mixture cool for 1 hour before spreading so they don’t get soggy. Just wrap in foil & freeze, all ready to bake from frozen!

7. Summer says

These were so good that I made them twice! However, the first time around I mixed the poppy seeds into the butter mix and when I went to pour the mixture over the rolls the poppy seeds settled to the bottom and poured out into unattractive clumps. The second time around, I just left them out of the butter mix and sprinkled them on right before they went in the oven and they looked so much prettier.

8. Brittany says

I made these for a football party in the fall and they were a hit! What’s funny is I was going to follow Summer’s advice and sprinkle on the poppyseeds… well I totally forgot but they were still yummy. :)

Trackbacks