Peanut Butter & Nutella Cookies

Calling all cookie lovers!  Do I have a cookie for you.  These Peanut Butter and Nutella Cookies are nothing short of fabulous.  They are moist and flavorful, not dry like many peanut butter cookie recipes I’ve tried.  And the combo with Nutella is amazing.  I love Nutella.  I really discovered it studying abroad in Jerusalem.  I ate it every day with apples or bread…  can you imagine? It’s amazing I didn’t gain a hundred pounds!  I’ve now backed off on my insane intake, I still love the stuff.  I like experimenting with it, and I’ve got a few other good recipes in the works.  I had to make these cookies a few times before I got it right, and believe me… they are now just right!

Peanut Butter and Nutella Cookies
Submitted by Mindy ~ The Sisters Cafe

1 cup butter (2 sticks) room temperature
2/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy – I like crunchy)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 2/3 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
heaping 1/3 cup Nutella

Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla together until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda and salt and add to butter mixture. Add Nutella in dollops over the top of the dough.  Use a butter knife to swirl the Nutella through the dough.  Do not over mix.  Chill the dough in fridge for 15 minutes before spooning onto cookie sheet to firm the nutella.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  Bake until slightly brown at edges.  Let cool a few minutes on cookie sheet before transferring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

• Mindy says

Jennifer,
      Definitely baking soda! I updated the recipe to clarify this. Hope you make the cookies and like them!

1. Lynn Pruitt says

Thank you for the great recipes I have been getting. I don’t even put this on my e-mail, but I love it. I also even liked hearing about your family. I have tried making your recipes and love them. I am 70 years old, don’t cook a lot, but I have to try a lot of them. Thank you so much

2. Lily Skinner says

These sound amazing, my Dad’s working today so I have the day to myself to bake. Suffice it to say he’ll be coming home to some delicious surprises. Can’t wait to try some of your recipes Miss!

3. Melissa Burton says

While these turned out magnificent, this recipe is not very clear. For those confused, like I was… I used baking soda (not soda pop). Put dough in fridge BEFORE placing it onto the baking sheet. Then measured these out in 1 tablespoon proportions which resulted in a decent size cookie. I also added chopped cashews to half my batter to try, and the cookies with cashews were so much better! I highly recommend! Nice saltiness to add to all that sweetness.

4. KLS says

While these look absolutely wonderful to me, please be careful who you serve them to. My son is allergic to hazelnuts (well, all tree nuts) and if he saw these, he would be all over them because it looks like chocolate. Luckily (?) he has an almost immediate reaction (tingly lips) and would likely realize something was up and stop eating it. Most of the time eating cookies/cakes with nuts is easy, because you can see the nuts, with Nutella–it looks like chocolate.

5. Stefanie says

I made these and they are delicious; they melt in your mouth! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Mine definitely did not look like yours in the photo above–they were all dark, without the marble-ized effect. And they also spread out very thinly, but that didn’t affect the taste. I will be adding these to my Christmas cookie repetoire. Thanks again!

• says

Stefani,
      If your cookies were all dark, it probably just meant that the nutella got mixed in a too much. It’s like you said, it still tastes great but you don’t get the marbled effect. If you want the marbled effect, just drizzle or dollop the nutella on top of the soft dough, and then just pull it through with a butter knife just enough to turn the dollop into a streak through the dough. Does that make sense? You then chill the dough to help harden the nutella for baking. If you want the cookie to be thicker, you can try adding 1/4-1/2 cup of flour. These cookies were on the thin side for me, too, but I liked it. So glad you like them too!

6. Lindsey says

This may be a silly question but what type of flour should I use? I assume all purpose, but because I’m typically not a baker…I’m clueless! Help! I’m making these for a very special, Nutella loving, group of people! :))

• says

Hi Lindsey,
      Great question. It’s so fun that you are getting into baking. These cookies are amazing. Your nutella lovers with gobble them up. So as a rule of thumb, if recipes don’t specify, the flour is all purpose flour. Let me know if you have any other questions!

I made these the other day and thought they were amazing! They certainly are just right! :) I’m going to post about how good they are and link back to you soon – thanks so much for sharing!

I tried to make a gluten free version of these, and they kind of failed and came out all wonky, but they still tasted absolutely delicious that it didn’t really matter! Thanks for this!

9. Jamie says

These came out really tasty. I think next time I’ll add more nutella so the marbling is more present in all the cookies, but they taste great. Thanks!

10. Hillary says

I would really like to make these and send them to some friends in Florida who love chocolate and peanut butter desserts. But do you think they’d hold up in the mail? I’d be mailing them from New Hampshire.

• says

Hi Hillary,
      These cookies are definitely on the soft side. I would think that would keep them from going stale in the mail, but it may make them fall apart more easily, too! Although, you could just tell your friends if they arrive in pieces to eat them over ice cream. Or better yet, scoop the ice cream onto a bed of crumbled PB Nutella Cookies and drizzle with Chocolate Truffle Sauce! Oh man, now I’ve got a craving. :)

I just made these. I didn’t have any regular white flour so I used whole wheat flour instead. They came out pretty good! I can imagine that with regular flour they would be completely amazing! I’m still about to eat them all though. :-)

12. lesa says

I just put a batch of these in the oven… I didnt think they were going to make it to the oven…LOL but they did, barely

13. julie says

These look fantastic! I’d like to make them without peanut butter for someone who has a peanut allergy… Should I just replace the peanut butter with extra Nutella or would this make it too runny? Maybe compensate by ading a little extra flour and less sugar since the nutella is sweeter than the peanut butter? Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

14. Kathy says

Ouch, these did not turn out for me at all! The first two batches were extremely thin…basically transparent. They tasted okay but were very oily. We followed the recipe exactly but ended up having to add about another cup of flour to the third batch. The third batch looked perfect except for the weird grayish color from having mixed in the Nutella fully by this point. However, they were still very greasy. If I make these again, I will definitely have to cut down on the peanut butter and Nutella some.

15. Joyce says

These were the best cookies I have ever made in my life. But then again, I’m only 17. The dough was just the right consistency. I was able to make almost 6 dozen cookies with this recipe. I shared them with everyone and everyone LOVED THEM. Thanks for the recipe!!!! I will DEFINITELY be making these many many more times.

16. Amanda says

I made these cookies, which they are delicious, but they are a little flat. I put in all of the ingredients so I was just wondering if this is how they are supposed to turn out?!

• says

Amanda, these cookies are on the flat side. You can add 1/4 cup of flour to the dough or more depending on how puffy you like them. However if you add too much flour it will start to affect the flavor.

17. Juliet says

This might seem like a silly question, but when you scoop out the dough, do you roll it into a nice ball or do you just scoop it / plop it directly onto the cookie sheet? I’m buying a jar of nutella tomorrow to make banana-nutella muffins, and since the nutella will be right there, I can’t wait to try these cookies out too!!

18. Jason says

Thanks I’m making these cookies soon I’m only 15 but I love cooking for my family and this will be a perfect desert

19. Karen Pattison says

My nine year old made these tonight with just a little bit of help. They were delicious. Thanks for sharing this tasty treat!

Juliet,
    I formed mine into rough balls (not perfect but formed). Let me know how your cookies turn out! PS Your banana-nutella muffins sound amazing.

21. cindy finney says

I am making these cookies after my 26 year old son found your web site. He has is not letting up on these lovely jewels. What I am trying to say is he is looking over my shoulder and telling me to COME ON MOM MAKE THE COOKIES! So here is a site that has my grown -up son salivating. Look out oven here I come.

22. shaya says

This recipe is amazing! Just this morning my Grams was telling me how I was too old to be eating Nutella (I’m 23) and that it was for little kids. I made these for her, and now she’s asking if Nutella is just a good on toast! This is definitely a keeper. Thanks a bunch!

23. Samantha says

Hello. Just wanted to say I love this idea and they look amazing. Can’t wait to bake them and was wondering if you think using butter flavored Shortening would also work instead of the butter? Thanks!

• says

Samantha,

I’ll bet shortening would work. I’m just biased because I just love butter, so I like cookies with butter way better. Shortening would probably result in a puffier cookie though if you like that. Hope you like the cookies!

• Samantha says

Tried them with the shortening and they turned out amazing. Still had that rich butter flavor. They were thin with crispy outside and a wonderfully soft inside. Again I say AMAZING! Thanks so much for this wonderful recipe.

24. Kailin says

These would have been awesome last year when I was craveing nutella ( only thing I craved while pregnant) after 2 months of nutella on bread you tend to get bored I tried a hole bunch of stuff but nothing every turned out. I’m going to try these :)

25. Susan says

Yum! Going to try these today. Question: can I freeze the dough? I have some Nutella that is about to expire and I thought this would be a great way to use it up quickly, but I’d have to make a bunch of dough. Thanks!

• says

I have never tried to freeze this recipe specifically, but I can’t think of why it would not freeze well. I freeze cookie dough all the time, and I’ve never had a problem. I either freeze them in a log with seran wrap, so I can just slice off dough for cookies when I want. Or I roll the dough into balls and freeze it that way. Stop by after you freeze and bake to let us know how it goes!

• Susan says

They cooked up great after freezing! I just froze them in scoops. I did let them soften up a bit before putting them in the oven; just took a few minutes. Thanks for the great recipe!

26. Katie says

Hey! Me & My boyfriend were going to make these tonight but I was wondering what type of butter you used? salted or unsalted?

thanks

-Katie Magno!

• says

I know I already emailed you back, Katie, but I thought I would post on here that the butter I used was salted. However, I doubt it would make that much of a difference if you used unsalted in this case.

27. Ladyls11 says

I too did not taste the nutella very much. I triple checked what I did and followed the recipe. Has this happened before when you have baked the cookies Mindy?

• says

Raiderfav and Ladyls11,
      I can taste the Nutella for sure when I bake these cookies, but it doesn’t over power the peanut butter. I don’t overmix the Nutella in though. You can tell by my picture that I gently swirl the Nutella into the dough so I end up having almost ribbons of Nutella through the cookie. So it is almost like fudge ripple ice cream… not every bite has the nutella in it, just if the bite has a ripple. Does that make sense? Still, if you like more Nutella, than by all means add more! It won’t mess up the cookies.

PS Ladyls11, as a general rule, you should always pack the brown sugar unless otherwise specified. Hope this helped!

28. Karen says

Wow! These are in my oven right now. All I know is this is the best cookie dough I have ever tasted! AMAZING! Can’t wait to gobble these up with my little ones today!

29. Jodi says

Is this recipe for high or low altitude? May be the problem for some of the people that wrote comments about the thickness of their cookies! Can’t wait to try them!

• says

Hi Jodi,
      I do live at high altitude (approx 5000 feet). However, this cookie is a flatter cookie… as pictured. It isn’t flat flat, just not puffy. Does that make sense? (:

Just made these – no problems with them being too flat. I got almost 6 dozen!! and I made them in teaspoon scoops (just a spoon, didn’t round them out). THey came out perfectly and will be delivered later this week to lots of lucky neighbors and friends. Thanks for the great recipe!

31. Ula says

best cookies ever!

I made these for a Christmas party last night and they were all gone within an hour. They came out absolutely perfect!

32. Julia says

WOW. Best cookies ever! I didn’t do a very good job of swirling the nutella, but even the plain peanutbutter cookies were the best peanutbutter cookies ever. I love the nutella peanutbutter combo, these cookies are fantastic. Thanks for the recipe, I will definitely make these cookies again :)

33. Taira says

Hi, I plan on making these tonight and I just wanted to know with the flour, is it TWO 2/3 cups of flour or two AND 2/3 cups of flour?

• Laurie says

If it were TWO 2/3 cups that would equal one and 2/3 cups of flour if you do your math. When cooking/baking they just write in the amount that you actually need. So that it’s not complicated. So, you would add the amount of flour that was actually written in the recipe, which is TWO and 2/3 cups of flour.

34. Anna says

Just made these for the first time and it definitely will not be the last!! So yummy, I’m having to will myself not to eat them all as soon as they come out of the oven! :)

• Mindy says

Sarah,

These cookies never last more than a 1-2 days before they get eaten up at my house, but I have frozen them.. and they freeze awesome!

I’m really impressed along with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog. Is that this a paid topic or did you modify it your self? Either way stay up the excellent high quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays..

Hi would you mind letting me know which web host you’re utilizing? I’ve loaded
    your blog in 3 completely different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
    Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at a reasonable price?
    Thanks, I appreciate it!

You are so cool! I don’t suppose I’ve truly read anything like that
    before. So nice to find another person with some original thoughts on this subject matter.
    Really.. thank you for starting this up. This site is something that’s needed on the
    web, someone with a bit of originality!

38. Jennifer says

Yet another great recipe I found on this site, thank you guys so much for sharing your recipes!! These were moist and delicious. I definitely recommend.

39. Laura says

In England we don’t generally use cups in baking, I have no idea what size to use, can anyone give me an ideal in grams please? X

40. Dina says

I just pulled these from the oven. I didn’t add salt because I ran out over the weekend (shame on me!) They taste alittle flat. I am thinking it’s because of the lack of salt. Bringing them to the office tomorrow to share the goodness!

41. Dina says

42. Dina says

Adsense is actually a really great program for those
    who maintain blogs, as blogs get updated all the time and the Adsense possibilities
    are almost limitless. This will allow you to answer only those calls that come in on your
    forwarded toll free number and route other calls to different locations.

Any time you create new content or share new links on your website or blog,
    be sure to do so by diversifying all of the link and anchor text you implement, regardless of the market
    you represent or the industry you are working in.

My web site :: Google

44. Liz says

I just made these cookies last night-they are delicious! The only thing is mine came out very cake-like, which doesn’t seem to be the case for most of the other people that have made them. The only thing I can think of is maybe it’s because I used natural peanut butter?

45. Angela says

Made these for my first cookie swap party. Very tasty, everyone loved them… But they didn’t come out moist & chewy. They cooled off hard & crunchy. Did I do something wrong? Did I over batter the ingredients?

Trackbacks