My husband’s all time favorite salad is the ‘Wedge’ with blue cheese dressing. When he goes to a steakhouse this is the salad that he always orders. Since he travels and entertains frequently with work, he goes to a lot of different restaurants all over the country and therefore has tried A LOT of wedge salads. I only mention this because on Father’s Day this year I presented him with my version of the Wedge and guess what?! He proclaimed it to be “the best” he had ever had! I was so happy, because let me tell you it is hard to compete with fancy pants restaurants, you know?!. Although my husband is sweet to always compliment my cooking, I know that it is usually a far cry from the meals he has out on the town:) Since this was a triumph, I of course had to share the recipe with you all! This is a man loving salad, seriously, I am not kidding! This is simple to make, especially if you are like me and keep the fabulous Buttermilk Dressing (aka Ranch) on hand at all times! The Wedge Salad would be a great addition for your 4th of July Cookouts! Hope you have a great holiday!
- 1 iceberg lettuce-washed, cored and cut into 6-8 wedges, depending on the size
- crumbled bacon
- sliced green onion
- diced tomatoes
- Homemade Buttermilk Dressing (aka ranch)--but this one is the BEST!
- Blue Cheese crumbles
- Place each iceberg lettuce wedge on salad plates.
- Next spoon some of the Blue Cheese crumbles into your Buttermilk Dressing and stir to combine. (I simply poured the desired amount of dressing in a bowl before adding the cheese) This is according to your taste. My husband LOVES Blue Cheese so I used a lot in his dressing, but for my boys who are not big blue cheese fans, I just drizzled with the dressing sans cheese.
- Top with crumbled bacon, sliced green onions, and tomatoes. Sprinkle on additional Blue Cheese, if desired. Finish with some freshly ground pepper. ENJOY!