I am always happy to find a recipe that my family loves and that I can make in under 30 minutes. With 5 boys at home, our evenings are chock full and I don’t have time to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. We have homework to do and places to be (scouts, basketball, wrestling etc:) These lettuce wraps are so tasty–my family gobbles them up and I could not believe how easy and quick they are to make. Winner!
My husband wanted a “sauce” to go on top, so I used some of this Thai Peanut Sauce recipe here that I keep in my freezer (frozen in ice cube tray size portions) You could also serve it with a bottled plum sauce. Yum! I personally didn’t think it needed a sauce, but it was really good that way!
I have made some big changes over at my other blog Mel and Boys that I am very excited about. Check it out and let me know what you think:) I am kicking off the new year with a post on time management tools with links to my favorite planners and free printables to keep you organized. What do you use to keep on top of things?
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt (I used Lawry’s)
- 1 12 oz bag of Broccoli slaw (found in the produce section with bag salads)
- 1 small can drained water chestnuts
- ½ Cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Approximately 15 Ice berg or Butter Lettuce leaves
- Place oil into a large 5 qt skillet or other large pan over medium heat. When hot, add onion and cook for 5 minutes to soften. Add ground turkey, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Brown and crumble until cooked through.
- When turkey is cooked, stir in broccoli slaw, water chestnuts, teriyaki sauce and sesame oil. Cook for another 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Reduce heat to low until ready to serve. Serve spoonfuls inside lettuce leaves. Enjoy!
Recipe Source: Picky Palate