I have a ridiculously easy and seriously delicious dip to share with you today. I have made this dip several times now and it is always a big hit. It comes together really fast with no cooking involved. Since the Feta cheese is the star here, make sure you get a good one. I think the precrumbled kind can be dry. I like the Presidents brand at Costco. I buy it in bulk and cut it into squares and freeze it for when needed. I have found this works perfectly. The original recipe called for this Greek seasoning that I easily found at my local grocery store:
I realized that the Greek seasoning has MSG (something I try to avoid) in it and so the next time I made the recipe I tried this seasoning and it was FANTASTIC! I have since found another Greek seasoning that does not have MSG–so just look around in the spice isle:)
I found that the leftover dip–if you’re lucky enough to have any–is fabulous over grilled chicken or fish, or even tossed with a green salad. This is a great dip and you will find that people always request the recipe when you serve it:)
Today on my other blog I am sharing my favorite quick and healthy snacks for Raw Energy. I feel so much better lately since I have been more careful to choose nutrient dense snacks.
- olive oil
- 1 block (1#) of feta cheese
- tomatoes (any kind)…I use about 3 Roma’s
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1 baguette--make sure it is fresh!
- Greek Seasoning or Italian Rub (see above)
- 1 large platter or pretty dish of choice:)
- Wet the platter or dish generously with olive oil. Dice the green onions and tomatoes and sprinkle them on the olive oil. Crumble the feta cheese and throw that on top the tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle the Greek or Italian Rub Seasoning on top approximately 3 tsp. If you want you can sub the seasoning pictured with some oregano and a little pepper and some salt to taste. Mix together gently. Slice a fresh baguette thin and serve. If desired (or if the baguette is not too fresh) spread each slice with a little olive oil or butter and toast . If toasting the baguetter then be sure to serve dip with a spoon.