Last Saturday was sunny, warm and brimming with cute little boys running around my backyard. It was one of the first warm days this year, and all that sun was making us giddy. I stopped and watched those happy little buddies playing hard together, and I thought, “Those cutie pies deserve a treat.” So in keeping with Easter coming up (which they remind me is coming almost daily), I surprised them with Peep Smores! I gave the boys the treats topless so they could delight in smooshing the warm, gooey marshmallow with the top graham. And this is what I got…
Happier boys if that was even possible! It was totally worth the very sticky little faces and hands that had to get wiped down later. And the best part? This treat took about 1 minute to make – almost literally. Oh, and I felt like a pretty super mommy/aunt, too.
- Peep Marshmallows
- Graham Crackers
- Hershey's Chocolate Bars
- Place three bars of chocolate onto each half graham cracker.
- Separate the Peeps and place on a plate.
- Microwave about 10 seconds (you may have to experiment with one as all microwaves are a little different - Peeps should be slightly enlarged and soft, but still firm enough to transfer).
- Transfer the Peeps on top of the chocolate and graham.
- Then top with a half graham cracker and smoosh!