Nutella Banana “Ice Cream”

by Mindy on April 24, 2013

Banana Nutella Ice Cream

So I’ve been seeing these Nutella Banana Ice Cream recipes from time to time on pinterest and floating around on the internet.  I tried a version last year, and it was pretty darn good.  I got glowing reviews from the kiddos, and the adults who tried it liked it too.  So I tried it again last week with half the Nutella, and the popsicles I made were still absolutely yummy and had a strong Nutella flavor.  I doubt I’ll ever make this again with the full cup of Nutella.  The consistency is surprisingly close to ice cream, too.  You can totally scoop it.  And it worked beautifully in my popsicle forms as you can see.  Way healthier than eating Nutella out of the jar.  Oh wait, am I not supposed to admit that?  And I suppose it is way healthier than eating Nutella Ice Cream actually made with cream.  Oh who cares.  Nutella is divine.  And Nutella Banana Ice Cream is super good!  Period.

Nutella Banana “Ice Cream”
Submitted by Mindy ~ The Sisters Cafe

1/2-1 cup Nutella (I like 1/2 cup)
6 medium bananas

Combine Nutella and bananas into a blender or food processor until very smooth. Pour into freezer safe container or popsicle forms and freeze.  Approximately four hours later, enjoy!

1 Brittany April 25, 2013 at 9:53 am

what on earth?! It’s only those 2 ingredients? Wow! I can’t wait to try this… maybe today! :) Gabe has been begging to make popsicles since the sun made an appearance yesterday, haha!

2 Mindy April 25, 2013 at 10:03 am

Britt,
I wish Gabe could just come over and try them. (: Tell me what you think when you try them. We are addicted!

3 Andrea S April 25, 2013 at 9:55 am

I just wanted to let you know that as soon as I finished reading this post I went straight to my bananas and plopped them in my Blendtec. My “ice cream” is now in the freezer and my kidlets will be so excited when they get home (and I may or may not have licked the lid to my blender :-0). Thanks for the yumminess!

4 Mindy April 25, 2013 at 9:59 am

Andrea S,
That is awesome that you already made them. Your kids will love you! So yummy. (:

5 Ryanne April 25, 2013 at 11:29 am

I can’t wait to try these; I’m obsessed with Nutella and loved pudding pops when I was a kid.

6 Amy Jo Schenewark April 25, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Hah! Me too! Yum! Thanks so much !!!

7 Jenn R. April 25, 2013 at 8:29 pm

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!

8 Ice Cream Magic May 27, 2013 at 7:50 am

For nutella and banana fans, this would be a good recipe for them. Especially if they enjoy ice cream too. Great post.

9 Katie August 9, 2013 at 5:00 pm

I made this today, and I couldn’t believe how spot on the texture was. It really scooped up like ice cream! I used 1/2 c. nutella, and I thought the banana flavor was too overpowering. I couldn’t taste the nutella at all. Next time, I think I’d use the whole cup (maybe 3/4 c.). But it’s still yummy. I think it’d be great to throw a couple scoops in a blender with some strawberries, vanilla yogurt, and ice and make smoothies. mmm.