Burrito Bowls are my new favorite dinner! It is so simple and adaptable to what your tastes and what you have on hand. It is great way to use up leftover meat, rice and greens. If you add some fresh pico de gallo and some avocado–you are set for a family pleasing dinner. Sometimes we add cheese quesidillas on the side. My little boys love those! This is one of those super easy dinners that you can throw together fast and it still tastes fantastic. I have been so busy the last few weeks, with fall baseball (we have 6 games a week with 3 of my boys playing) and house projects I have gong on. I haven’t been taking a lot of time to post. So sorry! I will do better once my garage is cleaned out:) I know it is called Spring Cleaning, but I am doing it this fall and it feels so good!
I am so happy that it is fall, aren’t you? The chill in the air and changing leaves puts a smile on my face! We just had our annual kick of October party at my house. I look forward to it every year! I love this time of year, don’t you?!
Happy October friends:)
- Meat of Choice: pork, chicken, or beef
- Pico de Gallo ( dice fresh tomatoes, cilantro, white onion, jalenpeno, lime juice, salt and pepper)
- Avocado Diced or made into Guacamole
- Shredded Cheese
- Buttermilk dressing (add some cilantro, squeeze of lime and diced jarred jalapenos for a fun twist),
- Black olives, sliced
- Layer in a bowl:Meat of choice: Shredded pork ( this one is great); Chicken (leftover grilled, roasted, baked or rotisserie) ;Ground beef (cooked with taco seasoning is great)
- Layer in bowel: Rice, Lettuce, Pico de Gallo ( dice fresh tomatoes, cilantro, white onion, jalenpeno, lime juice, salt and pepper) , Avocado Diced or made into Guacamole, Shredded Cheese, Buttermilk dressing (add some cilantro, squeeze of lime and diced jarred jalapenos for a fun twist), black olives, sliced