I made this wonderful granola the other day and posted a picture of it fresh out of the oven on Instagram. Sometimes I think food is beautiful, what can I say?! I know I am a little crazy:) I made this with gluten free oats so my boys with Celiac disease could enjoy it too! They loved it and so did I! I had several requests for the recipe, so here you go my friends!
Are you ready for Thanksgiving? I love that holiday and I am trying to get prepared. I posted some beautiful Thanksgiving table inspiration and some free Thanksgving printables here on Melandboys.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup pecans (sometimes I add sunflower seeds for part of the nuts)
- ¾ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, if desired (sometimes I leave it out)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine maple syrup, oil and salt (and pumpkin pie spice, if using).
- Combine both mixtures by slowly pouring the liquid over the oatmeal mixture and stirring well. Divide in half and pour onto two 11X17-inch rimmed baking sheets, spreading out into an even layer on each sheet.
- Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven and transfer into a large bowl, slightly breaking up the clumps.