I love this time of year with all the twinkling lights, yummy food and awesome Christmas music that is constantly on repeat in our house! Yesterday I made these eggnog muffins and my family LOVED them! They were amazing–melt in your mouth good! I think they would be perfect for Christmas morning or really any time this holiday season. They come together quickly and taste so good. Sweet and moist with the perfect touch of eggnog! I have to admit that I couldn’t wait and tried one without the glaze, fresh out of the oven with a little butter….oh my it was perfect!! I think I may like them better without the glaze (although it was great that way too!). So if you are looking to cut down on the sweetness you can get away with no glaze. They are just a fantastic muffin!
I posted our all time favorite songs that are currently on our Christmas playlist here at Melandboys. Do you have any favorites that we are missing? I would love to add some new tunes to the rotation this year! Please share! xo
submitted by Melanie~www.thesisterscafe.com
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup eggnog
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners sugar
3-4 tablespoons eggnog
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl whisk eggnog, vegetable oil, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- Gradually stir wet ingredients into dry until combined.
- Pour batter about 2/3 full into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until cake tester comes out clean and muffins are firm on top.
- Cool for about 5 minutes in pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl stir confectioners sugar and gradually add milk until mixture is thick yet can run off a spoon easily.
- Dip tops of muffins in glaze and set back on wire rack until set.
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe Source: Motherthyme