This recipe has totally got me dreaming of summer time and “cookouts” as they call it here in the South. Out west we said BBQ but here that is the type of meat not the event. It is so funny how different parts of the country have their own way of talking, huh?! Let me tell you though, anyway you say it this marinade is the BEST for when you are ready to use the grill! We used it for tacos and some quesidillas and salad a couple nights later. I am going to be using this recipe a lot this summer, I am sure of it! Tacos, Burrito Bowls, Salads, Quesidillas…mmmm. Be sure to make some Pico de Gallo and guacamole to go with it! Seriously YUM!
In other cooking news…last weekend I helped a couple of cute boys ask girls to prom using giant cookies. It was so fun! I shared how they did it here. The finished product turned out so cute!
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup tabasco chipotle sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for about 15 seconds--do not burn the garlic!
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Return to heat and bring to a boil.
- Cool down and pour over meat to marinate in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Grill when it's taco time:)