We spent Christmas in Arizona this year and one night Uncle TJ made us this fantastic chili! Seriously it was incredible! I was telling him how good it was and he joked that maybe now he could make it on The Sisters Café! I knew he was teasing but when I started to think about it, I decided he had a GREAT idea! This chili was soo good that it needed to be shared! So I paused to take some pictures and get the recipe for you! I love the combination of smokey cumin, creamy beans, hearty chicken and let me tell you the homemade guacamole he served with it, took it over the top!! (which I forgot to add for the picture–but I did enjoy on my bowl of chili) It is a pretty simply recipe and I love that it goes in the crockpot. Easy and delicious!
Lots more on our Arizona Christmas here. It was prefect–sunshine and lots of family!!
Thanks Uncle TJ and Aunt Carrie for a wonderful dinner in your beautiful home!
- 3 chicken breasts (raw), cut into bite-sized pieces *TJ likes to double the chicken
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans white beans, drained
- 1 regular can pink beans (pinquitos)
- 1 large can diced green chiles
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 jalapeño, minced*
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- Throw all the ingredients, except for the crushed tortilla chips and cheese into your slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes, stir in the crushed tortilla chips and the shredded cheese and heat until the cheese is melted and the chili has thickened.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream, salsa, chips, or whatever else you think sounds good!
- *doubling the chicken will make it very thick and hearty
- *feel free to remove seeds from jalepeno or leave out if you are worried about the spice
Recipe Source: Sweet Anna’s