This is the time of year when I make lots of Deviled eggs and Egg Salad sandwiches in an effort to use all our dyed eggs. My boys LOVE to color eggs and so we always have at least 3 dozen on hand after Easter.
On Sunday I had my son whip up a batch of these deviled eggs after church and I realized I had never posted our favorite recipe. We love these simple and flavorful deviled eggs at our house. So many recipes are loaded with mayo, but not this one! Best of all it is super quick and easy—even your kids can handle this recipe!
I think this method for cooking the perfect hard boiled eggs works best! Be sure to not overcook them so the yolks aren’t too dried out. If they are, you could add a little extra mayonnaise.
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise (depending on how moist your yolks are)
- ½ Tablespoon Dijon Mustard ( or yellow mustard if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp Franks Hot Sauce (or about 4 shakes of the bottle)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Paprika to garnish
- Peel your hardboiled eggs and slice in half lengthwise.
- Carefully pop out all the yolks into bowl and mash well using a fork.
- Add the mayo, mustard, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce an some salt and pepper.
- Taste to see if more seasoning or hot sauce is needed to your preference and add more if needed.
- Spoon mixture into each hollowed out egg half.
- Sprinkle on some paprika for color.