Hello friends! Did you have some crazy weather this week? We sure did here in the South. On Wednesday the kids were out of school because of the threat of bad winds and tornado watch. That is always a bit unnerving to hear. Thankfully, the day ended up being strange with gray rumbling skies and some light rain but nothing else! Today the weather has made a complete turn around with blue skies and beautiful sunshine! It has put me in the mood for Spring and Summer:) I see on Instagram that there is still lots of snow and winter weather happening in different parts of the country though. It looks like Spring is not coming yet for a lot of you. Are you sick of the snow or do you still love it? I actually feel a bit cheated this year. I love the snow and sadly we only got one day of it this winter! There is nothing worse in my opinion than a drab, cold winter with no snow (or snow days off of school–which delightfully happens at the slightest bit of snow here in the South), to brighten the winter up! Oh well, I am a firm believer that sometimes you have to make your own sunshine and that is where these bright and happy Lemon Brownies come in! I made these for this first time on a very cold, gray day and they did the trick! I am not kidding when I say they taste like sunshine in your mouth! Seriously, if you are suffering from the classic winter ‘hum-drums’, whip up a batch of these sweet Lemonies and you can’t help but feel brighter!
Have a great weekend!
PS Follow The Sister Cafe on Instagram here
I try to post daily (some oldies but goodies) and there is link to all the recipes in The Sisters Cafe Instagram profile
- ¾ C flour
- ¾ C sugar
- ¼ t salt
- 1 stick butter, soft
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- ¾ C powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- Grease a 8x8 baking pan or line with foil and sprayed with baking spray (to easily lift brownies out).
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the softened butter and mix well.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs with the lemon juice and zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared 8X8 brownie pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- While it cools, make the glaze by combining ingredients and stirring well.
- Spoon the glaze over the lemon bars and enjoy!
- You can double the recipe and bake in a 9X13 pan for 30 minutes.