Happy Friday Sweet Friends!
At our house Friday is pizza night and my husband and boys look forward to it EVERY week. If I try to change things up, no one is happy about it:) Sometimes I make pizza from scratch (using one of these recipes) and sometimes I order a couple of pies from our favorite local pizzaria, but lately our favorite pizza has been this quick and easy version using Naan as the base. This shortcut is awesome–it tastes amazing and takes me just minutes to make fabulous pizza! I get the Reya brand from Costco and it is wonderful!
I personally think the veggie pizza is the BEST but some of my boys still want only cheese and pepperoni. I will win them over one day! I like to use a little ranch dressing (not too much) for the sauce on the veggie pizza. It sounds strange, but just try it…you will love it!! And for me, a must for eating pizza is handful of spinach leaves sprinkled on top and a dash of hot pepper flakes….seriously DIVINE! Of course the sky is the limit when it comes to pizza toppings, so be creative! We also love BBQ chicken pizza, if I have some leftover chicken in the fridge. I will include directions for that one too! I hope you ENJOY this naan pizza as much as we do!
- Sauce of choice: marinara, alfredo, ranch, bbq
- Cheese: Mozzerella, parmesan, fresh mozzerella, feta, goat cheese, smoked gouda etc
- Vegetables: sliced thin zucchini, tomatoes, olives. purple onion slices, steamed brocoli, spinach, peppers
- Meats: pepperoni, bacon, grilled chicken, sausage
- Place naan on baking sheet (I like to use a perforated one so the bottom gets a bit crunchy)
- Layer sauce of choice, then some cheese, toppings and finish of with a sprinkle more of cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is melted and bubbly about 8-10 minutes depending on oven.
- Use ranch dressing for the sauce (it is fantastic!)
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce for the sauce (we like Sweet Baby Rays). Then mix some cut up grilled chicken with a tablespoon of sauce and place on top of sauced pizza. Top with mozzerala and smoked gouda, sliced purple onion and some cooked crumbled bacon. Pop in the oven and enjoy! Yum!