I hope you all had a happy Easter! I don’t know about you, but we always dye a lot of eggs every Easter. Way more than we should, so I am always on the hunt for fun ways to use hard boiled eggs the week after. We have already made these deviled eggs, which I accidentally left out the mustard and they were still delish–phew! And we are enjoying them smashed and warmed with a touch of butter and some salt and pepper. We also love egg salad, and I started swapping out the mayo with smashed avocado and it is FANTASTIC! I have found that I like it better prepared this way and it is much healthier too! So, I am not sure this can be called a recipe, more like a tip—but I wanted to share it with you this week when you have lots of colored eggs to use! Enjoy!!
What is your favorite way to use hard boiled eggs? I still have LOTS:)
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs (when I make this I only use one yolk)
- avocado, smashed or use pre-made guacamole
- Toasted whole grain bread (I used Dave's Killer Seeded Bread)
- Salt and Pepper
- Chili and Lime Seasoning (from Trader Joes) or Tajin (blend found with the Mexican foods)
- Lemon Juice (just a squeeze brightens the flavor)
- Chop 2-3 hard boiled eggs (I use only one yolk) Mix smashed avocado or pre made guacamole with eggs and season with salt and pepper and Chili Lime Seasoning (or Tajin). Squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over egg salad, if desired, and serve on toasted whole grain bread. Enjoy!