How is your summer going so far? We had my brother and his cute family here last week and it was SO great! We had 8 boys in the house between our two families! As my youngest Cannon said it was “non stop fun”!
Now they are gone and we missing them so much, but staying busy with the start of SWIM TEAM! Yeah!
I dont know about you, but I am not in the mood to spend much time in my kitchen this time of year. In the hot humid summer months (here in the South) I am looking for quick and easy dinners that are light. This wonderful Lemon Orzo Salad fits the bill and I have been excited to share it with you. This salad is so versiatil. You could substitute different veggies, nuts and cheese to change it up if you wanted to. You could also try using a Balsamic dressing instead, but I prefer the lemon vinaigrette because it is so light and fresh. I love this combination with spinach, tomatoes, parmesan and toasted pine nuts. It hits the spot for a cool summer dinner. We like to add grilled chicken sausage or salmon for a complete meal. Easy, light and oh so good! What is your favorite summer dinner? I would love some ideas!
Happy summer everyone!
- 8oz orzo pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ¼-1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo according to package.
- Make vinaigrette: whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce and garlic.
- Once pasta is done cooking, immediately drain and transfer to bowl. Add fresh spinach and stir to combine until spinach is wilted.
- Add vinaigrette, tomatoes, pine nuts and parmesan. Stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or keep in airtight container in the fridge up to one week.