Happy Monday friends!
We just returned from a week long fall break. We usually go to the beach every fall but this year we flew out to Utah to visit family! My parents returned from an 18 month LDS mission to New Zealand and my younger boys had not seen them yet. It was a sweet reunion! Since all of my family was in town and together and my Mom hosted her annual Halloween party a little early this year! What a blast!
She served ‘witches stew’, and ‘bones and blood’ (buttery bread sticks with marinara sauce), ‘swamp juice’ and more! I have a link to the recipe below. So fun!
For Halloween menu and recipe ideas go here.
But now for today’s recipe….
Have you ever tried Overnight Oats?
I am new to this idea, but loving it! It is so great that you can make them ahead of time and then have a healthy and delicious breakfast ready to go in the morning when you need them! We have tried several combinations, but this chocolate protien one is our favorite so far! It tastes like you are eating brownie batter mixed with your oatmeal–yum!! I have it pictured with strawberries, but it is equally good with sliced bananas.
I feel like the sky is the limit with overynight oats. I am going to try a pumpkin and apple pie version this week. I will let you kow how that goes! I was thinking about doing an Instagram story to show how easy it is to make them. So you have Instagram? If so lets be Insta friends–find me on Instagram as: thesisterscafe.
- ½ cup rolled oats (to make gluten free, use certified GF oats)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop (about 16 grams) chocolate protein powder (I use Natures Bounty)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Almond or Peanut Butter
- ½ tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Strawberries or Banana slices to garnish before serving
- Add all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips and sliced fruit, to a small mason jar and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, mix the chocolate chips, and sliced fruit of choice. Enjoy!!