Happy Monday Friends!
Can you believe it is one week until Christmas? I am happy to report that all my shopping is done! I have a few more things coming from Amazon this week that will need to be wrapped but, that’s it! Today, I am looking forward to a friend coming over to do some Christmas baking together. We are making Cinnamon Rolls, Mini Triple Chocolate Bundt cakes, Almond Roca Toffee, and Caramels. I already made these awesome Ginger Snaps, Swig Sugar Cookies (with Christmas sprinkles), and Triple Chocolate Nuts.
What are you making for the Holidays?
Do you find that it is hard to stop and make dinner on these busy days? I do! It is times likes this that the Instant Pot is especially helpful! This recipe has only 8 minutes of actual cook time, luckily there is some time for the pressure to build and release, so you can make your rice and set the table before it is done! My family LOVED this recipe and it really was quick and easy! Perfect for a quick December dinner!
- 2 TB avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless
- ⅓ cup Teriyaki Sauce
- ¼ cup Chicken broth
- 1 TB minced garlic
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1½ TB brown sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 TB water
- With the Instant Pot (pressure cooker) lid off, heat oil on HIGH or 'saute" until sizzling
- Place onions in the cooker, and cook until they begin to caramelize, about 8 minutes.
- Cover with chicken, teriyaki sauce, chicken broth, garlic, and onion powder and toss to fully coat all.
- Securely lock the pressure cooker's lid and set for 8 minutes on HIGH.
- Perform a quick release to release the cooker's pressure. Remove lid and set cooker to HIGH or 'Saute'
- Whisk brown sugar and cornstarch into the 2 TB of water and add to the cooker, stirring into the sauce. Let simmer 2 minutes to thicken.
- Serve each chicken breast smothered with a heaping spoonful of the onion and sauce. Best served over rice!