This is a very easy and tasty dip for tortilla chips. It makes a great party appetizer, game night snack, or like today…a quick and yummy lunch after church. My original recipe does not call for the chopped avocado on top–but I had a ripe one just sitting there and thought it sounded good. It was great, I am not sure why I have never thought to add it before! We loved it-but it is yummy without it too!
Black and White Bean Dip
Author: Melanie ~ www.thesisterscafe.com
- 1 can of black beans-drained
- 1 can of white beans-drained
- 1 can of shoepeg corn-drained
- 1 7oz can of Herdez salsa verde
- 2 cups of shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 4-6 chopped roma tomatoes
- garlic salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400. Put everything (except for the avocado) in a bowl and mix together. Spray a shallow baking dish with nonstick spray before spooning in the bean mixture. Sprinkle a little cheese on top and pop into the oven. Bake for 10-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and it is all warm and bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with diced avocado and serve with tortilla chips---YUM!!
*I did not have any shoepeg corn, so I left it out--it is great either way!