Hello again!! As you can tell, I took a little break from posting and have been truly enjoying time with my family this summer with all five of my boys together again! My oldest returned from a two year LDS mission last month and my second son leaves on his two year mission next month, so this time together has been extra special. We were able to go on a cruise to the Caribbean (first time for my boys). It was amazing! The boys LOVED every minute –especially all the yummy food! Wow! I enjoyed the food too. Seriously, everything was exceeded my expectations. FANTASTIC! And so plentiful–yikes, I may have gained a few pounds, but it was worth it!
We got home just a couple of days before my 3 younger boys started school and now we are back to reality! This year I have 3 different start time (6 am early morning seminary class for my High Schooler, 7:00 am for my middle schooler and 8:15am for my elementary schooler) I am not sure that I will have time to make pancakes during the week, but we will enjoy them on the weekend, for sure! And these Buttermilk Pancakes are seriously hands down THE BEST! They are light, fluffy and melt in your mouth. They are a family favorite at our house! ENJOY!!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk (plus an additional ¼-1/2 cup if needed)
- 4½ tablespoons melted butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Whisk eggs, buttermilk, and butter together in a small bowl. Combine the mixtures and stir just until smooth. Do NOT overmix. If batter is too thick, add in ¼ -1/2 cup additional buttermilk. I like my pancakes thinner so I always add the extra buttermilk listed in the recipe.
- Heat a griddle to medium heat (higher or lower depending on your appliance or range).
- Using a ¼ to ⅓ cup measure, cook until you see bubbles over the top and the edges are somewhat dry looking. Flip over and brown the other side. Keep warm in a 175 degree oven until ready to serve.
- Makes 15-20 4 to 5 inch pancakes.