Happy Friday everyone!
Do you have any big plans? We have been on the go so much the last couple months that I am happy to stay home this weekend and take a breather. We will be watching the LDS General Conference that will be broadcast on BYUtv or online here Saturday and Sunday. I LOVE conference weekend! The messages and music are always so uplifting and inspiring. I am really looking forward to this weekend to enjoy the conference with my boys and having some fun family meals, including these Creme Filled Crepes!
When my boys were little we called crepes “Roll up Pancakes” and we slathered them with butter and ate them with syrup. We still do that most of the time, but on special occasions I make this incredibly delicious cream filling. It is SOOOO yummy! We love it with berries but it is fantastic with nutella or on its own in the crepes. I love that you can make it ahead of time so it is ready to go when the crepes are done. I hope you enjoy this fun breakfast as much as we do!
PS To make this gluten free use a gluten free blend. This is my favorite one here.
Also we love to make cinnamon rolls for Conference weekend. Here is my favorite recipe:
Or Cinnamon Roll Biscuits are fantastic too and require no rise time!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour (**use gluten free flour blend if making GF)
- 2 TB sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put all ingredients in the blender until smooth. Pour a small amount of batter in the hot buttered skillet. Swirl to coat pan. Cool on medium heat--both sides. They only take a minute or less to cook. Remove from pan. You can either butter them, sprinkle them with powdered sugar and then roll up and serve with a drizzle of syrup OR fill with a couple of tablespoons of cream filling and sliced berries of choice. Nutella is also a great filling with bananas!
- Whip your heavy cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks have formed. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, with the sugar and vanilla extract until it is smooth.
- Fold the whipped cream and cream cheese mixture together until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.