I hope you have had a fabulous week! Mine has been busy but sweet! Now that my oldest son is settled in college, it is time for me to say goodbye to my second son. TJ is leaving to serve a two year mission for our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints –aka “Mormon church”). We have been busy getting him all ready to go and spending lots of quality time together. Today we are headed to Atlanta to go to the Temple together. I am so excited for him and this new chapter of his life, but I sure will miss my boy!
We are having an open house for him this weekend and so I have been making lots of yummy treats, including my favorite “new and improved” perfect (seriously) Chocolate Chip Cookies, My version of the famous Swig Sugar Cookies (soooo good!!), and our favorite Gingersnaps (yay for Fall!!). To avoid eating all these delicious treats we have enjoyed one of these little ‘Protein Poppers’ instead. They hit the spot but are so much healthier than a cookie! They are also GREAT for a pre workout snack. Packed with healthy fiber, protien and energy! I like to keep a big bag of these in the freezer and my whole family loves them. They are the perfect sweet treat when the craving hits! I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup steel cut oats ( I use Coaches Oats from Costco)
- ⅓ cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup rice crispy cereal
- 1 cup nut butter, I like to use half almond butter and half natural peanut butter
- 1 cup ground flax seed
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips, optional
- ¾ cup raw honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tb coconut oil (optional)
- Any other add ins that you might like. Granola, butterscotch chips, almonds.. Be creative
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well. Chill the mixture in the fridge for an hour as this will help the balls to bind together. Roll the balls into about a 1 inch diameter. I like to flash freeze them by putting them all on a cookie sheet in the freezer until they are frozen and then puttuting this in a big ziploc bag. Keep in the freezer for a great on the go snack or after dinner treat!