Oh boy, these little poppers are SO good! They are fun spin on a classic candy bar. You get the same great flavors in a healthy, wholesome little popper. I have been trying to buy less processed foods and offering my boys fun alternatives like these. I now have several different kinds of protien poppers in the freezer, ready to go into lunches, or grab for an after school snack with a piece of fresh fruit. These poppers are my all time favorite! Don’t skip toasting the coconut first, it really adds a depth of flavor, that is fantastic! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!!
- 1½ cups old fashion oats or quick oats *use certified gluten free oats if making GF
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup toasted unsweetened coconut
- ⅓-1/2 cup raw honey ( according to your tastes--I like it less)
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional--works fine without)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder ( used half dark chocolate powder)
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds (I used salted roasted)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Combine all dry ingredients in a stand mixer bowl (or you can stir by hand of course).
- Mix on low until ingredients are well blended.
- Add wet ingredients to blended dry ingredients.
- Mix on medium speed until a "dough" forms.
- Scrape sides of bowl with a spatula and mix again if needed.
- Using a small cookie scoop form dough into balls.
- Set balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet or storage container and refrigerate for at least one hour or until ready to eat.
- I like to keep them in the freezer. Pack in lunches or grab for an on the go snack! Enjoy!
Oh boy, these little poppers are SO good! They are fun spin on a classic candy bar. You get the same great flavors in a healthy, wholesome little popper. I have been … [Read More...]
We love Mexican food at our house, and my boys favorite is ground beef tacos or burrito bowls! I have always purchased taco seasoning in a little jug from Costco and … [Read More...]
Hey Everyone! How was your Thanksgiving? Even though we did not get to spend it with family this year, we got together with some dear friends and had a wonderful time! … [Read More...]
Happy Thanksgiving week everyone! Are you planning your menu and making you shopping list? I thought I would share some Sisters Café favorites to help with … [Read More...]
Please don't laugh that I am posting another Tomato Soup recipe, I know we already have a Crockpot version, and the famous Nordstorm recipe, and even one with Roasted … [Read More...]
Do you have Christmas on your mind or are you still enjoying the beautiful Fall season? It is absolutely beautiful here in the South--the trees were a little late in … [Read More...]
Do you have an Instant Pot (electric pressure cooker)? I got one for Christmas last year and I am slowly learning how to use it more and more. I have to admit, that I … [Read More...]
Happy Monday friends! Sorry I missed posting a menu plan last week! I had out of town company and we were busy having fun!! I am headed to the grocery store this … [Read More...]
Today I am going to share some of our favorite Halloween Food posts from over the years. With Halloween tomorrow--I thought you may need some fun ideas! We LOVE all … [Read More...]
I was looking at my little menu board this morning and thought maybe I should start posting it every week! If you are like me, you could use a little dinner inspiration! … [Read More...]
Happy Monday! Are you enjoying the Fall? I was just in Utah for our Fall Break and the Autumn colors were breathtaking! I am anxiously awaiting their arrival here in … [Read More...]
Happy Monday friends! We just returned from a week long fall break. We usually go to the beach every fall but this year we flew out to Utah to visit family! My parents … [Read More...]
Happy Friday everyone! Do you have any big plans? We have been on the go so much the last couple months that I am happy to stay home this weekend and take a … [Read More...]
Hello friends! Well, my son is off on his mission! He is currrently in the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. It is very strange to only have 3 of my 5 … [Read More...]