Oh my goodness—this pasta sauce is SOOO good! I have been excited to share it with you! My friend Jen introduced me to Pasta Alla Trapenese when she served it a luncheon at her house. She had told me about it when we were talking about our favorite vegetarian meals so I was thrilled when she brought it to the table. It was just a wonderful as she said it was! It is packed with flavor and SO delicious. In fact, now that I look at these pictures, I can see I was a bit stingy with the sauce. She loaded it on. I wanted to make sure I had enough for another meal. I love that this dish comes together fast (thanks to the food processor), is vegetarian, and tastes incredible! You could, of course add grilled chicken or pork tenderloin or steak. I love a quick and easy dinner that tastes like you are serving take out from a fancy Italian place!
How are you enjoying your Spring? It is so beautiful here in Tennessee with all the fresh leaves and blossoms. I love it! I am headed to Utah in about a week for BYU Women’s Conference and to hang out with my sisters and brother. Are any of you going? I am so excited!
Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week!
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes (about 2½ cups) or 6-8 roma tomatoes quartered
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 or 3 pepperoncini peppers, chopped (peppers in vinegar) about 2 Tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes (optional--I like ¼-1/2 teaspoon)
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb pasta (I like spaghetti or fettuccini)
- ½ cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated plus more for garnish on top
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toast almonds in small skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, process cooled almonds and salt until almonds are pulverized. Next add tomatoes, basil, garlic, pepperoncini peppers, salt and red pepper flakes and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of bowl with rubber spatula. With machine running slowly drizzle in oil, taking about 30 seconds to do it.
- Meanwhile, bring 4 quarts of water to boil. Add pasta and 1 Tablespoon of salt. Cook until al dente. Reserve about ½ cup of cooking water, drain the rest and transfer pasta back to cooking pot.
- Add pesto and ½ cup parmesan to cooked pasta, adjusting consistency with reserved pasta water.
Oh my goodness---this pasta sauce is SOOO good! I have been excited to share it with you! My friend Jen introduced me to Pasta Alla Trapenese when she served it a … [Read More...]
I hope you all had a happy Easter! I don't know about you, but we always dye a lot of eggs every Easter. Way more than we should, so I am always on the hunt for fun … [Read More...]
I am getting so excited about Easter this weekend! I am especially excited about Easter Dinner. I have so much fun planning a beautiful table setting, wonderful food … [Read More...]
Every Monday night we have 'Family Home Evening' a night dedicated to strengthening our family and love of God and Jesus Christ. We start and end with prayer, sing … [Read More...]
Happy Friday Sweet Friends! At our house Friday is pizza night and my husband and boys look forward to it EVERY week. If I try to change things up, no one is happy … [Read More...]
Well, Spring has 'sprung' here in the South and I could not be happier about it! I wake up to the sweet sound of birds chirping every morning and lots of tulips have … [Read More...]
Well hello again! Sorry I have been missing for a few days! I hope you have had a good week! We have been enjoying a little Spring Break holiday in sunny Florida. … [Read More...]
Did you know that today is national Pi Day? I am really not a math person, but I LOVE to celebrate this day with my boys! It is the perfect excuse to have a … [Read More...]
These fun Monster cookies seemed the perfect post to welcome in the weekend! It has been a long week and I am really ready for the weekend! What about you?! … [Read More...]
Have you ever been in the mood for cinnamon rolls but not in the mood for waiting the hours it takes to proof the dough and let the rolls rise? So many times my boys … [Read More...]
Hello friends! Did you have some crazy weather this week? We sure did here in the South. On Wednesday the kids were out of school because of the threat of bad winds … [Read More...]
Have you heard of the delicious 'Buddha Bowl' yet? They are colorful bowls usually full of vegetables, a grain and some type of protein. Hearty, healthy, and … [Read More...]
My little Cannon is a cute Bear cub scout and this week he had the Blue and Gold Banquet. Each scout was asked to bring a decorated cake with the theme "The Great … [Read More...]
Hello sweet friends! How is your week going? Mine is stating to look up and it is so good to be back :) I have had sick boys the last couple of weeks and today everyone … [Read More...]