Well Hello friends! Sorry I haven’t posted for a bit but I have been gone! First to Utah for the birth of my sister Brittany’s darling baby girl and then off to Canada for my sweet Grandpa”s funeral. Both events were very special and I felt so honored to be there! I am slowly catching up back at home and am finally getting on the computer again. I have some wonderful new recipes to share in the next few weeks. I hope you are all doing well!
Today is my oldest son Connor’s 19th birthday! He is currently serving a mission for our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in Tallahassee Florida. I miss him so much but today I got an email from him and I could feel his excitement and happiness in the work he is doing and it filled my heart with joy. Well, in honor of my birthday boy I am going to share with you an amazing peanut butter and chocolate treat because that combination is his all time favorite!
(Elder Christensen and his awesome mission President Bradly J. Smith)
Now these are not your run of the mill rice krispie treat! They are special–we call them gourmet at our house because they are BIG and decedent and remind us of the ones you buy in fudge shops or cafes! My family LOVES them and they don’t last long! For the best results be sure to use fresh marshmallows, and do not overcook them. Once the marshmallows are melted, take them off the heat. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 10 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Line a 9x9 (for super tall and thick treats) or a 9x13 (traditional easier to eat) pan with parchment paper or grease with butter and set aside.
- Melt 5 Tablespoons of butter in a large pot over medium heat until completely melted.
- Add in marshmallows and stir constantly.
- As soon as the marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and add salt, vanilla and creamy peanut butter. Stir until smooth.
- Add in the rice krispies cereal and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and carefully press the mixture into the pan without compressing them too much. (Be gentle because tightly compressed rice krispie treats are hard--not good)
- In a small bowl, add the chocolate chips, peanut butter and coconut oil (measure when melted).
- Microwave in bursts of 15 seconds, stirring in between until completely melted.
- Spread mixture evenly on top of the Rice Krispie treats and allow to set before serving. (you can put the frosted treats in the fridge to speed up the set time)
Well Hello friends! Sorry I haven't posted for a bit but I have been gone! First to Utah for the birth of my sister Brittany's darling baby girl and then off to Canada … [Read More...]
Alright, I have been excited to share this recipe with you but have struggled to find the time to post! I am telling you, my days are just flying by lately! One thing … [Read More...]
Hello friends! How is your week going? I can not believe it is Wednesday already! We are home from Mexico and I am trying to catch up on everything here at home! … [Read More...]
Happy Wednesday! Oh do I ever have a treat for you today! I am telling you, this banana bread is really quite AMAZING! I recently brought it to a book club meeting … [Read More...]
Today I am posting from Mexico! I accompanied my husband on a business trip to a resort south of Cancun called the Fairmont Mayakoba. It feels like we are deep in the … [Read More...]
This is the time of year when I make lots of Deviled eggs and Egg Salad sandwiches in an effort to use all our dyed eggs. My boys LOVE to color eggs and so we always … [Read More...]
Happy Monday! Did you have a nice Easter? Ours was great! I was so excited that I could use some of the tulips I planted last fall as part of the centerpiece for … [Read More...]
What kind of Easter gathering are you having this year? A lovely brunch or an evening dinner? Or both? We have some wonderful menu ideas for you either way! If you … [Read More...]
Today is the start of our Spring Break--well that is, as soon as the kids get home from school in a few hours! We are all very excited for the time off and have some fun … [Read More...]
Well it is officially Spring, as of yesterday! Here in Tennessee we welcomed Spring with freezing temperatures...brrrrr! All last week was sunny, warm and gorgeous … [Read More...]
Happy Friday friends! Do you have big plans for the weekend? At my house we will be watching lots of basketball! To kick off the first weekend of March Madness my … [Read More...]
Happy St Patrick's Day! This is a favorite holiday in our family and I am looking forward to dinner tonight! This year I have on the menu Hot and Sweet Mustard Corned … [Read More...]